Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Girly Book Blog Hop

Hello everyone! I'm hosting my very first blog hop this month. Should be a riot. Here's the info:




If your protagonist and her love interest and/or antagonist are the meat and potatoes that go in a hearty stew, then your secondary characters are the ingredients that make it truly delish. Maybe they add a little subtle favor, or maybe they give it a fiery hot kick. Maybe they make your meal unforgettable - beef stew with molasses and raisins anyone?

Who could ever forget Shazzer from the Bridget Jones books? Or Becky Sharp from Vanity Fair? Or Grandma Mazur from the Stephanie Plum books?

Let's blog about secondary characters. Tell us what you love about the sidekicks in your book or a fabulous secondary character from another novel. Or both! Have fun with it.

If you'd like to participate, please be prepared to offer a prize to one lucky guest hopper. Apart from that, you can do whatever you want regarding the giveaway (have your guests answer a particular question, follow your blog or whatnot). 

Everyone is welcome to participate - authors (both published and not-published-yet), bloggers and reviewers are welcome too. Anyone who loves books and has something to say about secondary characters, I'd love to have you!

Please let me know if you have any questions - feel free to post 'em below. I'll be sending out more detailed instructions once the sign up link is closed. 

Hope to see you at the hop!

Love,
Libby




8 comments:

  1. Awesome, and thanks for sharing. I will offer my book (The Fall of the Misanthrope) and its irritating character Ellen Semple. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love torturing my secondaries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Libby - I just joined in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm stoked that so many of you have signed up already. This is going to be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this opp, Libby! I'm so excited to join in! The sequel to my chick lit _When Girlfriends Break Hearts_ is going to be released the week of your Blog Hop so it couldn't have come at a more perfect time! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so great, Savannah! What a cool coincidence!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really fun! I was referred here by Natalie-Nicole Bates, so I want to thank her for directing me to your site. Though published before, I'm jumping into new territory with a relationship driven book so I'm excited to bring them out to play. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome aboard, Jennifer! I'm very glad to have you here as well as the other newcomers. So psyched for this hop!

    ReplyDelete